Friday 20 November 2009

triumph 52 thunderbird drag / showbike discovered



Wow look at this. what an amazing find. A great triumph custom with moulded frame straight out of 1969. ed roth style drag bike.
This story from the Show and Go blog at the above link

"Hi Paul,
I finally purchased dad's old bike this weekend that I previously mentioned. It is the black bike you mentioned with the Frosted Pearl. The bike went through several owners over the years until it was bought and stored in 1969. It stayed in storage until this past Saturday when I purchased it.

The bike has been heavily modified into a Roth style drag bike/show bike. Every piece of the bike has been chromed, polished or painted candy red.

It has drilled Vincent front forks that have been modified to be rigid. Unfortunately, being a show bike, they rushed it and did not put a top bearing in the forks, which is the first thing that I will be addressing to correct. It also has a Vincent front hub and front rim.

It has a polished head and cases, chromed 376 carbs with custom manifolds, webco oil tank that's never had a drop of oil in it and a ton of other cool modifications.

Unfortunately, the candy paint is badly faded and cracking in several places. I think the bike deserves a fresh paint job and some fresh chrome in a few places.

I would love to hear people's opinion on this bike. I have no plans to modify it other than the possible repaint and some re-chroming as I mentioned. I'll send you some more pictures as I progress."

Thanks,
Dave Kirkland

No comments:

Post a Comment